Sunday, July 24, 2011

Been absent for a couple days...

Crap! I have to reset my device...

Most of us have run in to this situation at least once. Contacts and media are the easy part. All your media SHOULD be saved to the memory card by default, there are some cases where the phone might be saving to internal memory (example: HTC Incredible 6300 has a habit of doing this if the memory card gets removed often). Which, requires a computer to easily move them to the memory card.
The most common question I get asked is, are my apps backed up?


Once logged in, click on my library. All apps that you have installed from the market, free and paid will be listed here. I'm not sure if it is for everyone, but my account has a glitch that keeps it from showing anything starting with the letter M or later.
The best part, is that you get to choose the apps you really want the second time around. Free up some extra memory to download some of those large games you've been scared of, likeHOMERUN BATTLE 3D!

Another reset opportunity is Apps2SD. Allows the moving of most apps to your external memory, freeing up even more space.
Here is a screenshot of my application manager, and how much free memory I have. I threw in a shot of my homescreen too, bask in it's simplicity, and yeah, it's the only screen with icons on it.

In the homescreen screen shot, I noticed my dialer. For anyone who doesn't have an HTC Android running Sense (HTC's own UI for Android), Dialer One has the Sense feature of spelling someone's name to call them.

Side note for my CSOKI buddies,

To make Droid life easier, when using the Cellbrite to transfer to any Android, try these steps to simplify things.
Set the machine up for what ever device you are transferring from. For the Android, select Smartphone for manufacturer, then Android CDMA for device and memory card for method. This setting has worked for all Verizon Androids that I've come accross. It just adds a step at the end of everything, of going in to contacts and hitting menu - import/export, and import from memory card. Cool extra that comes with this, is that it saves a copy of the client's address book to the memory card too!

All apps named in this post link to their download page in Google's Android Market, which works from either your phone or personal computer.

Give me some feedback people!

I answer any and all questions, but they have to be asked!


No comments:

Post a Comment